Decision Making in Stay
The Board of Stay
Stay is run by a Board of Trustees made up of a maximum 74% direct appointees, with the remaining 26% appointed by Telford Christian Council. This arrangement provides Stay with the necessary business independence whilst retaining the Christian ethos on which we were founded.
The role of the Stay Board is to:
- Approving strategic development and policy.
- Approving the Stay Business Plan and monitor performance against the Plan.
- Authorising budgets.
- Monitoring the implementation of policy, the quality of service delivery, compliance with agreed procedures and financial progress against budgets.
- Appointing senior staff.
The Stay Board Corporate Group
The Stay Board has a Corporate Group to report on the general oversight of financial matters including:
- Recommending budgets to the Board for approval.
- Reviewing management accounts, and reporting to the Board by exception.
- Considering the annual accounts and making recommendations to the Board.
- Making recommendations to the Board in respect of any changes in disposition of capital.
- Reviewing risk the Annual Risk Plan, and reporting to the Board on the management of risk.
- Reviewing Stay’s programme of internal audit and making recommendations to the Board as required.
The Board of Stay
Andy McAdam (Chair)
Brian Keates (Deputy Chair)
Linda has over 30 years’ experience as a Human Resources practitioner, having worked in industry ultimately as a Human Resources Director and also as a Consultant to a wide variety of organisations, including private, not-for-profit and public sector.In 2004 she created Human Results Limited, a Telford based Consultancy practice which continues her vision of a truly bespoke, full service Human Resources Consultancy. Although she is now retired, Linda still assists the practice in an advisory capacity as required. Linda was awarded Fellowship status of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development. She has also been a requested speaker at various branch meetings and regional conferences of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.
Chris Hill is a chartered Town Planner with broad wide range of experience in the public and private sector. He brings to the board a wide knowledge range of skills experience and knowledge of regeneration and development planning, strategic business planning, economic development, and asset management .He is currently project manager in Shropshire Council’s Economic Growth team.
‘I’m committed to aims and philosophy of Stay to support young people in times of crisis and its social justice ethos. Stay’s work is critical in creating safe and stable environments for its clients, enabling them to develop self-confidence and independence. I’m looking forward to exciting times with new challenges ’
Chris has been a Street Pastor for the last five years working in Telford and Wellington’s night time economy in partnership with the Police, the Local Authority and local security staff engaging with young people and venerable adults including those affected by alcohol, drugs and the homelessness.
He and his family have lived in Telford for over 20 years. His other pursuits include walking, travelling, meals with friends, politics and running, where he is regular participant in Telford’s Park Run.