If You Find Yourself Homeless
If you find yourself homeless and in need of urgent assistance in Telford and Wrekin, there are a number of ways to get help:
Stay’s Homeless Outreach Service
Stay introduced the Homeless Outreach Co-ordinator as an outreach service to promptly assist people finding themselves homeless, into services offering accommodation and support and to help those at risk of becoming homeless by providing advice and exploring preventative measures.
The co-ordinator will make contact, assess each individuals needs and assist in finding both short and long term solutions to meeting those needs.
Call 07772 890017
Telford and Wrekin Council
The Council has a statutory duty to:
- Provide advice and guidance to all
- Prevent homelessness where possible
- Provide help to homeless households (including the provision of temporary accommodation) who are in the following priority need categories:
- If you have dependent children who live (or might reasonably be expected to live) with you.
- If you are pregnant
- If you are vulnerable as a result of
- old age
- mental illness
- physical disability
- having served a custodial sentence
- having been a member of the armed forces
- If you are aged 16 or 17
- If you are under 21 having been looked after, fostered or accommodated between the ages of 16 and 18
- If you are over 21 and vulnerable as a result of having been looked after, accommodated or fostered
- If you are 18-20 and vulnerable, having been looked after by Social Care.
- If you are fleeing domestic abuse from an associate/perpetrator
You can contact Telford and Wrekin Council Housing Solutions team on 01952 381925 (outside Office hours – 01952 676500)
Other Voluntary Organisations
Stay works in partnership with other charities in Telford to respond quickly and efficiently when somebody finds themselves homeless.
From its base in Tan Bank, Wellington, Kip provides a first response service to non-statutory homeless people. This includes drop-in, outreach, tenancy support, signposting and information. Kip works with all age ranges from 18 upwards.
You can contact Kip through their general enquiries line on 01952 248248 (option 1)
Kip also runs a 24/7 Rough Sleepers help line 01952 248248 (option 1)
Maninplace Estate Ltd
Maninplace operates a social lettings agency to support and provide emergency and temporary accommodation for homeless people between the ages of 18 and 65, including The Night Inn – providing immediate emergency accommodation (up to 10 days).
Access to housing with Maninplace for homeless people (including The Night Inn) can be made through their general enquiries line: 01952 248248 (option 1)
For general advice on your housing situation, you can contact:
Shelter – national housing advice line on 0808 800 4444
Citizens Advice Bureau – 0845 146 1554
Streetlink (National Rough Sleepers helpline) – 0300 500 0914